This page houses resources you may consider interesting if you are like me. I have found these resources interesting and helpful . . . sometimes even life saving.
- Trackerschool classes taught by Tom Brown Jr. (see trackerschool.com );
- Healing : year 1,2,and 3 at Wilderness Fusion with Karl Direske and other trained instructors;
- The Vision Quest series as well as year 1,2,and 3 of ongoing group phone classes with Malcolm Ringwald (see earth-heart.net );
- Roots of Herbalism and The Family Herbalist series of classes by Emily Ruff (see Florida School of Holistic Living).
Self help, mental health, and spiritual growth books:
- All Books by Tom Brown Jr., wilderness survival expert and instructor at trackerschool;
- “The Places That Scare You” by Pema Chodron;
- “Codependent No More” and “Beyond Codependency” by Melody Beattie;
- “The Verbally Abusive Relationship” and “Controlling People” by Patricia Evans;
- “Daring Greatly” by Brene Brown;
- “Emotional Intelligence” and “Social Intelligence” by Daniel Goleman (my counselor is having me read these right now and they seem to be excellent so far);
- “The Holy Bible” and “The Book of Mormon, A Second Witness of Jesus Christ”, especially for the words of Jesus.
Physical health books:
- “Sick and Tired? Reclaim Your Inner Terrain” by Robert O. Young (This book discusses the pH of the body and how it contributes to health);
- “Cook Right for Your Type” by D’Adamo (This book discusses the blood types and how the food you eat can help or hurt you based on your blood type);
- “The Medical Medium”by Anthony William (still testing this one);
- “The Sunfood Diet Success System” by David Wolfe (This book is about eating raw fresh foods and the first few chapters talk about philosophy and mental health when it comes to eating and stress).
- “Alla Prima II” by Richard Schmid; and tons of others. I loved watching the video Richard Schmid put out called White Pine where you watch and listen as he talks and instructs as he paints a beautiful picture.